Who we help
- Alzheimers Society Alzheimer - East Anglia and Central area Contact number for Bury St Edmunds - 01284 766433 - speak to Patrick Yardy or Becky Area covered: Covers Bedfordshire (Luton), Cambridgeshire...
- Chernobyl Childrens Life Line Mid Suffolk Link
- East Anglian Air Ambulance If you can help please contact Sophie Mathew, Fundraising Manager for Suffolk e/ email@example.com t/ 01473 209333 m/07984 475021 EAAA, 9 Alpha Business Park, White House Road,...
- MacMillan Cancer Support Lions Club of Stowmarket & District promoting our Suffolk Villages Charity Bike Ride and also supporting MacMillan Cancer Support at Sainsburys' on Saturday 30th April and Sunday 1st May 2016...
- Marie Curie If you can help Marie Curie please contact Angela Bussey: Angela Bussey Suffolk Fundraising Office Marie Curie Sucklings Yard Church Street Ware Hertfordshire SG12 9EN Tel: 01449...
- St Nicholas Hospice Care Ways you can help St Nicholas Hospice Care in 2017
Sunday 19 March – Battle of the Knights, The Playground, Barrow
Our new event for 2017! Packed
with plenty of fun...
- Stowmarket Foodbank Launched by Dehlia Smith in September and supported by a group of seven churches in Newmarket as well as fabulous support by Asda, there are 30 drop off points - if you can help us help those...
- Suffolk Family Carers Suffolk Young Carers Unit 6 - 8 Hill View Business Park, Old Ipswich Rd, Claydon, Ipswich, Suffolk IP6 0AJ Phone: 01473 835400 Caroline Wales - Senior Young Carer Advisor Mobile 07795 346798...
|You are viewing results 1 to 30 of 69||Pages: 1, 2, 3 Previous | Next|
Lions Club of Stowmarket & District Presentation Evening Saturday 14th June 2014
£10,000 presented to Local Causes
year’s fundraising activities of the Stowmarket and District Lions
reached a highpoint with a social event held at the John Peel Centre on
the evening of Saturday, 14th June 2014, where cheques were presented to
local charity groups.
than 60 people were entertained by guitarist John Evans and a buffet
meal followed before Lion President Peter Smith presented cheques
totalling some £10,000.
In his introduction Peter Smith said
“Lions fundraising activities are great fun and very rewarding but the
real pleasure is giving the money to good causes”.
Throughout the entire year the Stowmarket Lions, with 45 members, will give away some £45,000 to various charitable causes.
receiving cheques on the evening were St John Ambulance, St Nicholas
Hospice, St Elizabeth Hospice, East Anglian Children’s Hospices, Suffolk
Accident Rescue Service, Eastgate Boxing Club, John Peel Centre, and
Lions of Stowmarket & District Presentation evening Thursday 16th May 2013
introduce the evening we were treated to fabulous voices and music from
Eve Betts, Danielle Paterson and Anna Llewellyn accompanied by Vicky
Clubb, Head of Music at Stowupland High School
Time to admire and applaud the fabulous work and people
who work so hard in our community that makes what we do worthwhile in
supporting them !
Advice Bureau - helping people resolve their legal, money and other
problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by
influencing policymakers. For more information click here .
Anglia Childrens Hospices support children and their families with the
challenges that having a life-threatening condition can often bring.
Services may be provided in the family home, the community or the
hospice. For more information Click Here Easgates
Boxing Club - helping young people AND helping us by providing a
fabulous event where together we raised over £10,000 - for more details Click Here Venue for our first Art Show this year and many more opportunities in the future for more details Click Here The
Suffolk Accident Rescue Service is a charitable organisation,
established in 1972, that provides medical care at the scene of
emergencies. We provide assistance to the East of England Ambulance
Service at '999' calls in Suffolk and neighbouring counties. The service
trains and equips participating doctors and critical care paramedics to
help achieve this. For more information Click Here
Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people living with a progressive
illness. Our work is centred around an individual's needs, which means
specialist support, wherever it is required, whether at home, in the
community or at the Hospice. For more information Click Here
John Ambulance believe that it’s absolutely unacceptable that so many
people die needlessly – because no one could give them first aid when
they needed it.
St John Ambulance teaches people first aid - about
800,000 last year alone – so that they can be the difference between a
life lost and a life saved. For more information Click Here
St Nicholas Hospice provide support and care in the fields of life threatening illnesses, death and bereavement in around 250 homes as well as at the hospice itself. Like all of the charities above, St Nicholas Hospice is reliant on financial help and support to continue the fabulous work it does and Lions are only too pleased to help where we can. For more information Click Here